realtors hire an actress to convince us they are “real”
Only the National Association of realtors could come up with something this stupid, this ironic, this hypocritical: they hired an actress to pretend she is realtor in order to convince us that realtors are “real.”
May 15, 2015
Realtor.com is getting more competitive as they launched their biggest promotional campaign to date. On Tuesday, during the Realtors Legislative Meetings Trade & Expo held in Washington D.C., the real estate brand publicly announced their new logo, branding, and national consumer ad campaign which features a prominent Hollywood personality — film star Elizabeth Banks.
In his key note speech, Move (realtor.com’s parent company) CEO Ryan O’Hara explicated this aggressive campaign. Speaking to more than 2,000 industry leaders during the expo, he said, “We thought long and hard about our branding, and we wanted to emphasize the ‘real’ in real estate. …”
So he hires an actress? WTF?
Why not hire Andrea Straub? I hear she’s looking for work, and she’s a realtor.
So far, two ads have been released online. In one of them, Banks plays a real estate-obsessed version of herself who is observing a buyer named Jim Bob as he browses through realtor.com.
In the ad, she described the buyer in a humorous manner. Banks said, “You’re a real-time real estate renegade there, Jim Bob. An arbiter of accuracy. A phenom of fresh listings. A master of mortgage rates. A ruler of refinancing. An emperor of escrow. Jim, let’s live in that house together.”
The National Association has a lot of experience with looking real. Remember this real-life drama from 2006?
I though realtors couldn’t do much to lower their credibility with ordinary citizens, but clearly, I was wrong.
1. Colonel Sanders?
3. “Bluetooth forever Siri never!”
4. I’d hire him.
5. This house needs to be at least THREE TIMES that size before I buy it!
6. So are you guys partners?
7. What a view.
8. “I’ll consider that offer.”
9. Wait, wait, wait… You can fly, too?!
10. Beth Smith sells houses now.
11. “I’ll sell you the house and then my heart.”
12. Another member of the Bluetooth brigade.
13. He keeps all his real estate secrets under his hat.
14. “OK Photoshop guy, I want you to airbrush my nose a little. But not TOO MUCH.”
15. Howdy partner.
16. I don’t even…
17. The wife of No. 15
18. “I can show you the world.”
19. Selling you houses… from the ‘other side.’
20. And this guy.