Larry Roberts, also known as Irvine Renter
Who I Am
I worked with real estate my entire career as a development project manager, land planner, and investment fund manager. I am passionate about real estate and the analysis of real estate markets. As a consultant to the land development industry, I successfully delivered of over $100 million in real estate assets as a project manager and contributed to hundreds of projects in various other roles.
I earned a Master of Science in Land Development from Texas A&M University, and obtained a real estate brokers license in California (01868521). I have more than twenty years experience working in a variety of real estate related businesses, and over two years managing real estate investment funds focusing on foreclosure properties. I purchased, renovated, rented, and sold more than 50 foreclosure properties in Las Vegas.
My expertise in real estate is documented in daily posts, my OCHN Market Reports, and in my book, The Great Housing Bubble. I publicly predicted the collapse of house prices and worked diligently for years to convince people not to buy housing while prices declined; I saved countless families from financial ruin in the process. As prices dropped to affordable levels, my attention turned to helping people navigate the treacherous waters of real estate acquisition and sales. I believe that without my help, many people would not receive the honest service and accurate analysis they deserved. After helping people ignore the Siren’s Song of unlimited real estate wealth and avoid crashing on the foreclosure rocks, I could not abandon them when the time came to finally get the home they had been waiting for. Therefore, I teamed up with Shevy Akason in 2009. He and his team of dedicated agents have been serving OC Housing News readers ever since.
Where I’m Going
I am personally committed to constant improvement in everything I do. Over the years, my blogging hobby has grown and prospered. The depth, scope, and quality of the information I provide has consistently upgraded, and I will continue to advance and provide useful information intended to help people buy the right home for their family, one of the most important financial and emotional decisions of their lives.
I am always seeking new ventures where I can add value using my unique and diverse skills. I served as a private consultant, venture partner, or employee at different times. Do you know someone who needs a seasoned professional who can solve their real estate problems and advance their goals? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Real estate professional
Poised to deliver outstanding value to real estate owners, developers, consultants, financiers, and asset managers.
Development Project Manager * Urban Planner * Designer * Financial Analyst * Housing Market Expert
Successful real estate professional and problem solver with over twenty years experience in a variety of projects including single-family foreclosure homes, master-planned communities, mixed-use development, multi-family, residential sub-divisions, and community buildings. Demonstrated excellence in property valuation, acquisition, construction, management, and disposition. Served stakeholders as an employee, consultant, business owner, and principal of private-equity fund.
Core Competencies and Technical Skills
- Leading by ethical example and thriving as a member of a team working toward a shared goal
- Motivating and inspiring team members, mentoring subordinates, and effectively managing outside consultants
- Starting and growing new businesses and new business units
- Dedication to continuous improvement and exceeding stakeholder expectations
- Excellent written communication skills as demonstrated by published works, freelance writing, and daily blogging
- Producing and confidently delivering oral presentations to large groups
- Developing business systems to efficiently solve problems, manage resources, and maximize productivity
- Overseeing numerous simultaneous real estate projects in design, entitlement, and construction
- Strong analytical skills with financial emphasis and exceptional ability with MS Excel
- Talent for community planning and site design and special expertise with AutoCAD
- Proficiency with graphic design and Adobe Photoshop
- Deep understanding of housing markets and uncommon capacity to convey this knowledge
- Extensive experience and expertise with social media and online marketing
- Administered more than $100 million in complex real estate projects on time and on budget
- Raised $2 million in private equity to fund start-up REO-to-rental property business
- Authored The Great Housing Bubble, a 228 page treatise published in 2008
- Quoted in Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, and appeared on cover of OC Register
- Delivered paid public presentations to groups of more than 100 persons
- Launched successful online real estate lead referral business, the OC Housing News (www.ochousingnews.com)
- Generated proprietary OCHN housing market report and monthly updates
- Designed, planned, and drafted numerous large-scale and site-specific real estate projects using AutoCAD
- Produced complex financial models in MS Excel for a variety of businesses with a focus on real estate
- Supervised the construction of subdivision improvements, golf courses, and clubhouses across the country
- California Licensed Real Estate Broker, DRE# 01868521
- Graduated with Masters Degree in Land Development from Texas A&M University
- 20+ years of professional experience
Want to know more about me? Below are four posts about my personal life experience. Enjoy.